Tuesday 12 November 2013

RESEARCH: GENRE CONVENTIONS

In order to research genre conventions for the type of film opening that I am working on i looked at similar clips. I identified the visual and sound techniques that i would like to use in my film opening.

Last lesson i planned the outline treatment for a crime drama which included a realistic plot of a young male who works at a local fish monger and as he was roller-blading home he witnesses a murder.

In order to make a film opening i needed to familiarize myself with this genre, luckily i am already a fan of crime drama but i decided to research into other types of crime drama as my taste was very particular and the genre crime drama is a huge genre ranging from genteel investigators like Midsomer Muders and big intense shows like Spooks.


click here for the website


Here is a list of some of the productions of British, American and European film and tv crime drama that i am going to research further. I will create a Scoopit! to show my evidence of research.
  • Breaking Bad
  • Almost Human
  • Arrow
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • Dexter
  • The Blacklist
  • Boardwalk Empire
  • The Mentalist
  • Orange is The New Black
  • Castle
  • Bones
  • Sherlock
  • Criminal Minds
  • The Wire

No comments:

Post a Comment